ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
Cause: The connection between Client and Server process was broken.
Action: There was a communication error that requires further investigation. First, check for network problems and review the SQL*Net setup. Also, look in the alert.log file for any errors. Finally, test to see whether the server process is dead and whether a trace file was generated at failure time.
Reference: Oracle Documentation
"ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel" is a generic exception, it say that an established connection has been lost. ORA-3113 means that the oracle server process has suddenly killed or died due to some reason. ORA-03113 is a "catch-all" exception and there are many possible reasons of ORA-03113.
Usually ORA-03113 is a stack of oracle error messages issued. The ORA-03113 exception may not itself indicate the actual error and is accompanied with other errors which will help us to debug the actual issue.
Common reason of ORA-03113:
- Session has been killed
- Oracle internal errors
- Process has been aborted
- Network related issues
- Connection Pool related problem
- Oracle Database is crashed
- Database Server Machine is crashed
To debug ORA-03113 we need to look at any other exception messages on error message stack accompanied with ORA-03113. Also we should look in alert log to determine event happened when ORA-03113 was raised by the database. We can also check trace files that may have been generated for ORA-03113 exception.
- SQLNET: How does Oracle Client connect with Oracle Server
- ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
- ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist
- ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
- ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
- ORA-03135: connection lost contact